Filter by Category
Conversations on Health Equity
with Ashley Weaver
Join us for a 30 minute discussion as we dive into a variety of topics related to Health Equity. This will be a collaborative space for us to explore where we are currently at in terms of providing equitable care to all, share triumphs, discuss challenges and canvas what we can do to move the needle forward. Attendance is always voluntary. Here are some topics to expect:
- How do we define Health Equity?
- The Socioecological Model in the context of Health Equity
- The History of Inequitable Healthcare in America
- Social Movements toward Health Equity
- Links between the Social Determinants of Health and Health
- Population Health Variability
- Intersectionality in Health Equity
- Dealing with Bias and Automatic Thinking
- Challenges in Serving Diverse Populations
- What does it mean to provide culturally competent services?
Behavioral Health Professionals
Students of Social Work, Human Services, Psychology or Medicine
Peer Support Coaches
Zoom link to attend will be sent to the email that you register with at minimum 48 hours prior to the event date.