Community Peer Training Series (WRAP and Choices)- Hybrid - Series 3
with Various Instructors
* Required materials for the Choices training will be mailed to the address provided during the registration process. The shipment will come through Amazon. Please ensure that you enter accurate address details in order to receive the materials.*
The Certified Recovery Peer Specialist (CRPS) designation is an entry-level credential for persons who use their professional preparation in combination with their lived experience to help others achieve and maintain recovery from substance use and/or mental health conditions. This is a five (5) -day training for a total of 30- hours providing practical and experiential training on how to work as a peer specialist. There are three different endorsements of lived experience that certified professionals can add to the credential:
- CRPS-A: Applicant attests to lived experience as an adult who has been in recovery for a minimum of 2 years from a substance use or mental health condition.
- CRPS-F: Applicant attests to lived experience as a family member or caregiver to another individual who has or is in recovery from a substance use or mental health condition.
- CRPS-V: Applicant attests to lived experience as a veteran of the armed forces who has been in recovery for a minimum of 2 years from a substance use or mental health condition.
This training satisfies the requirements for Florida Certification Board. Participant must attend all 5 days of the training in order to receive their certificate.
Goals and Objectives:
- Understanding the basics of addiction and the brain
- Understanding common behaviors of addiction and mental health issues
- Utilize SMART goals
- Recognize the importance of self-care
- Practice basic motivational interviewing strategies
- Understand the role of a recovery peer specialist
- Idenitfy harm reduction
- Evaluate stages of change and stages of recovery
- Understanding the development of a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
Who should attend?
Peer recovery specialists, community workers, family advocates and any individuals working with the behavioral health population.
This series will satisfy the 40 hour training requirement for CRPS certification in the state of Florida.
WRAP training dates [IN PERSON TRAINING: Jacksonville, FL]:
- Day 1: December 14th 2023, 9am-4:30pm
- Day 2: December 15th, 2023 9am-4:30pm
Choices Training Dates:
- Day 1: December 20th 2023 9am-4:30pm
- Day 2: December 21st 2023 9am-4:30pm
- Day 3: December 28th 2023 9am-4:30pm
- Day 4: December 29th 2023 9am-4:30pm
- Day 5: January 4th 2024 9am-4:30pm
*The Zoom link will be sent out at minimum 48 hours prior to the start of the class.*
Location for in-person WRAP training:
9428 Baymeadows Rd Suite 320, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (3rd floor of Baywood Center Building)
*Fill out both the registration below and this CRPS Application in order to receive admission into the training. *
If you need assistance with registration or have questions reqarding these trainings please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist you.
Please note the Peer Training Community Series is not the OIFSP Peer Training Program also offered through LSF. Due to the OIFSP Peer Training Program being at full capacity, we have opened the Peer Training Community Series to help peers meet the minimum requirements for state certification. Those registered for the PTCS do not qualify for the stipends associated with the OIFSP Peer Training Program.
For more info, call us at (904) 900-1075