Advanced Motivational Interviewing
with Julie Radlauer-Doerfler, LMHC
- This training is for those who have either attended our "Introduction to Motivational Interviewing" or have otherwise received some form of introductory level training in Motivational Interviewing.
- There are two sessions for "Advanced Motivational Interviewing." The sessions are identical; you do not need to register for both. Only register for one or the other.
The Advanced Motivational Interviewing training is designed to take the introductory motivational Interviewing process and operationalize the tools for use in the field. People should attend this training after the Introduction to Motivational Interviewing. This offering provides practitioners with tools and techniques as well as practical experience in implementation. This interactive training offers participants hands-on tips, tools and techniques to utilize in the field to work with clients. The session includes a combination of real life scenarios, role-playing activities, and video presentations.
As a result of this training, participants will:
- Understand the theory and techniques of Motivational Interviewing
- Demonstrate techniques of Motivational Interviewing
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing in sessions with clients
Dr. Radlauer-Doerfler is a leading expert in the social influences of mental health and uses her experience to create impact within communities, systems, organizations, and individuals. Her approach is collaborative, creative, and curious as she strives to educate utilizing unique avenues including media, stage production, video production, podcasting and writing. She has extensive experience in behavioral health, public health, and organizational development for more than 25 years. She is a national expert in behavioral health, Wraparound, social support, and social connectedness and uses this knowledge to further mental wellness. Her research on structural racism in the behavioral health field has led to the development of a national curriculum designed to create more equitable systems. She is passionate about addressing behavioral health challenges in communities and speaks widely on the topic.
Please note: Both sessions offered are stand alone sessions to allow for more individuals to be trained. Choose only 1 session below which best fits your schedule.
You will receive the Zoom link to join the training within 48 hours of the training date.